Sunday, September 27, 2009

THING #8 (Week 4)

I'm glad that I finally know what RSS feeds are and what their purpose is. I always had that uncomfortable feeling that I should know what they are and be using them for some mysterious purpose. I actually managed to include the 5 feeds I subscribed to on my blog page on the right hand side toward the middle. I chose CNN, Word of the Day from Dictionary.com, Librarian's Internet Index, Rolling Stone, and the New York Times Book Review.

This is a great way to stay on top of technology-type stuff, especially since it all changes so rapidly. You can be notified of the latest developments without even having to try to remember which webpages to visit or cluttering up your Favorites list. Any professional should use RSS feeds to stay on top of current issues in their field. I can see these feeds being of particular value to any classroom teacher who is looking to incorporate current events in their curriculum to make a connection with students.

1 comment:

  1. good idea of suggesting to teachers that they use RSS feeds to keep current

    ReplyDelete