Thursday, September 17, 2009

THING #5 (Week 3)

I found some cool photos on Flickr which I have shared in the three previous blog posts. I searched the geotags to find photos taken either near me or by people who live near me. I think it's wonderful how technology like this makes the world smaller and brings people together by common interests, people who would normally never cross paths.

I had previously set up a Flickr account with the intent to post some old-timey photos of grandparents, great-grandparents, etc. Unfortunately my old scanner which has been in the attic for years will not work without the software installed, and who knows where that is? But hopefully I will be able to post them soon...perhaps strangers who view them can identify some of the "mystery" people in my photographs.

1 comment:

  1. some good process info -- what do you see as applications in the library?

    ReplyDelete