Friday, November 6, 2009

THING #22 (Week 9)

I think the digitization of books is really amazing. It's something I wish was around when I was a kid. You can explore so many titles without having to go to different physical locations. I am not a big fan of reading books on the computer, but it's still a great way to check something out you might be interested in reading.

Audiobooks are great for many besides the visually impaired. They're ideal for road trips or someone who has a long way to drive or ride to work. It's also interesting to listen to the reader's interpretation. Sometimes you can grasp the meaning of something better when you hear how someone else is using their tone and inflection.

I found the Blackmask site, linked to from the World eBook Fair Collection, to be a very simple and comprehensive list of tons of world classics.

1 comment:

  1. You mentioned how eBooks make it interesting to listen to a reader's interpretation and I couldn't agree more. I often think of this with stories, but I never thought about poetry. It would be interesting to see how a short poem can be read so many different ways and how that can affect one's interpretation.

    ReplyDelete